Sunday, March 9, 2014


March 9, 2014

Saturday turned out to be everything I’d hoped it would be. Rose early, wrote, made many trips to the Riverside (taking my old desk, there, dumping it twice on the street before finding the right way to pack the truck) went to the Studio and hoed the garden (it smelled sweet, for most of what I was hoeing was mint). Chatted with Jolene. When the stores were finally open I went to Reems Creek Nursery and bought a Magnolia grandiflora to indulge my taste for massiveness, and to protect the porch from the west. It looks handsome and eager there, taking in light from all directions except behind. I planted lilacs– two lavender, one white, in the northwest corner. Bought lilies but will not plant them until the weather is surer. Went to the antique shop and bought a set of shelves which completes my study and has, for once, more room for CDs than I have CDs. DJ came over and looked at the house, and then there was supper at Avenue M. Achy now in the best way. Didn’t look in the mailbox, didn’t check email, wanting to keep everything perfect.

No comments: