Monday, March 31, 2014


March 31, 2014

Great winds last night. I expected disaster, and disaster came here and there, but not to me. Driving to church I saw a great spruce uprooted and leaning against a brick house on the corner of Graclyn and Kimberly. Maybe everything was unscathed, but I don’t think so.

The officious assistant stage manager I mentioned before has one real job, making sure her actors are on stage at the right time, and at the matinee she was gossiping and neglected time calls or to call “places,” and I made my first entrance only because I happened to wander backstage while John was making his curtain speech. Otherwise- disaster. The officious are never the efficient. So far maybe 25 people have seen the play over four performances. The laughter makes me think they’ve like it, though no other word comes, whether one is doing well or ill.

Cantaria, and then a chicken breast in sauce at Avenue M which brought tears to the eyes. Feel good today. Hit the Y. Found an exercise that works my curiously and persistently stiff shoulder. I feel good about the week ahead. April is a lucky month for me. The sun rises.

No comments: