Saturday, January 4, 2014


January 4, 2014

Took an online politics test, and the graph puts me in the extreme Left Libertarian quadrant– further in that direction than Nelson Mandela or the Dalai Lama. When people ask my politics I say “to the left of anyone I know,” which I suppose, now, is true. Would probably cancel out a political career, even if it were conceivable otherwise.

Stewart wants an extra two weeks to vacate the house after closing. I sigh and agree. That makes Valentine’s Day move-in day. It’s probably better for me, too, though the best thing would be to have the mess over. Karen is looking out for my interests with some ferocity, suggesting we charge Stewart “rent” for loitering. No, I think, anticipating wanting breaks to be cut for me in due time. Looked daily in the mailbox for confirmation from BB&T that my mortgaged was paid; finally called them. Put on hold forty minutes to discover it, of all things, had apparently been lost in the mail.  I take to my bed. Or would have had the cleaning lady not been there. . . .

One of my big fish has the whitened eyes I have come to associate with not-too-far-off death. It gives me joy to think that I have allowed some creatures–fish and cats, mostly– to live out their lives in peace and plenty.

Packing: Found a sheaf of cartoons Tommy King gave me in 1992 for safekeeping. I kept faith.

No comments: