Friday, January 10, 2014


January 10, 2014

Pulling myself out of the morass to address the first round of meetings at school. Might attend these, as the notice implies we might actually be learning something.  The house situation depresses me, as time goes on and it becomes more rather than less complicated. Living amid a sea of boxes is more depressing than I can say. Met with W yesterday. He can’t afford the house, but I will help him afford it if it’s what he really wants. He’s like a kitten mewing at your door in a thunderstorm; he can’t possibly be turned away. I ask “why did you do this?” but if I ask myself whether I’d like it all reversed and I’d never bought 51, the answer is no. Making sure DJ is not uprooted. Making sure I can part with my garden in some way I can endure, or find away to take it with me. W says, “dig up anything you want.” I will.

The Lincoln epic passes 160 pages. Of course I think it is THE American masterpiece, but what I think has not split much thunder.  Sent it to SL, SS, and SB to find out what they think. The mass of it will probably frighten them and they won’t read it it. Maybe I wouldn’t either.

Last year the anemones were blooming now, and they aren’t. Late spring. O, peonies! Sleep until you’re in your new home!

No comments: