Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Ave 2014






January 1, 2014

Hilarious time with DJ, Bill and Amy at Avenue M. Tout le monde. I was home and in bed before midnight, but it was a good way to start a year that I here and now dedicate to merrymaking. Sound of distant fireworks as I was easing into sleep.

Meeting with Adam and his father at noon. They want to talk to me about running a small business in Asheville, which is sort of funny; I have done so, but it was not a remarkable success, except in the way it lingers in peoples’ minds as being better than it was. But maybe that’s my next step: a literary café, a performance-space gallery, a psychic’s salon where I can deal tarot and give people the futures they desire.

Laundry. Plenty of liquids. Fasting. Transcribing the café-created portions of my new play onto the computer. Desultory packing. Not the worst way to start a year. When the light comes I’ll see if I’ll be doing my annual stumble around Beaver Lake.

Eric Whitacre on Pandora.

No comments: