Thursday, January 2, 2014


January 2, 2014

Late start, birds already singing. Serene– even lethargic–start to the year. Met with Adam and his father. Gave Adam one of the fragments of Troy I smuggled home. I was meant to be some sort of consultant on how Mr K could expand his cosmetic business, and I hope I was of some value, though I mostly asked questions, realizing I had no idea how things like lotion or cold cream are made, or even exactly what they are, though I have of course used them. The father lives on an island of Greece, Kalamas, I think he was saying, which has a city which sank into the sea in Byzantine times, a ruined Temple of Apollo, hills covered with the herbs and flowers they used in their cosmetics. Sounds like paradise to me. Worked on the last Lincoln.

No comments: