Thursday, January 30, 2014


January 29, 2014

City– the whole South– shut down for winter. People slept n their cars in Atlanta. Icicles hanging from palms. I got up my usual time and tried to go to the Y, but it was closed. Tried to go to Starbucks but it was closed. The driving didn’t seem that bad to me, except for the eeriness of the empty streets. Got coffee finally at Dunkin’ Donuts, where the barista was none too happy to be there.

It’s exciting to me, for it throws me back to my youth. Part of it is aural– the sound of your feet crunching the snow when it is very cold. Part of it is the diamond sparkle of the snow. In the sun it is glorious, but by moonlight it is miraculous.

Realized that between moving and giving stuff away, I had no pot in which to make pasta.

David Fraley’s Caryatid is the first painting in the new house.

No comments: