Tuesday, August 9, 2022

 

August 9, 2022

Stephanie from the builders calls in her cheery PR voice and says they’ve moved me up from Tuesday (next) to Friday (this) “To give you the best possible weather.” Her weather prognostication has not proven reliable. It’s like being falsely incarcerated and then told your sentence has been shortened and expected to celebrate. But, I did allow the little spike of joy that welled up, before being dimmed and compromised by all the things that experience knew could–and will–go wrong. I have not faced this crossing of my will nobly. I have blown it out of proportion. Disappointment and disaster were on the program from the start. Cruelty is hard to take in stride. 

Watched last night the generally gleeful reportage of the FBI raid on Mar-a-lago. If the old fool wouldn’t counterpunch every time he would give his haters less to laugh at. I could hardly believe there’d be a victory of any sort in the protracted Trump nightmare. Haven’t heard the news today. Maybe he blew up in fury like an old fat toad, thus disappointing the several jail cells awaiting his arrival.  

Magnetic Theater is safe till the end of the year. 

No comments: