Monday, April 21, 2008

April 19, 2008

Went to la Rue’s last night to see Scott, whose stage name is Phoebe Fabu, perform. He sang well. It was difficult to me to see what was added by the gowns and rhinestones, but perhaps it was that which I recognize myself to be dull to, that element which the community calls "fabulous." Oh, she was fabulous! I suppose she was. I would have thought Scott singing the same songs in a tuxedo just as "fabulous." But it was good to be back at La Rue’s, good to see Cookie again, who seems to have found a niche in his intimate, tacky-elegant nightclub with the jello molds on the walls.

DJ expresses an interest in columbine, so I go to the Farmers’ Market and get some, plant them in the rain, which is good for them, not so good for me. For myself I get a plant advertized as "Carolina lupine," which is not a lupine at all, but, I would guess from the leaves, a kind of legume. But it promises big, sloppy, golden flowers at high summer, and that’s what I’m in the market for. Couldn’t dig in the place I first chose for it for the mass of canna tubers, shining and slippery with vitality.

No comments: