Monday, April 14, 2008

April 12, 2008

Up before dawn to help with the Cantaria yard sale, which looked liked it would be washed out by the rain but ended up not being. I was miserable watching the things I brought–to some of which I still had an emotional attachment–sitting forlornly in the rain, but the misery went away as, one by one, they began to find new homes. My carved bear went home with grandpa. My grandmother’s pink Depression glass went home with a woman who actually knew which piece was meant to be a mayonnaise bowl. When someone bought something of mine, I was unable to stop myself from telling its little story.

The sale was within half a mile of Home Depot, so afterwards I veered off and completed purchases for my water garden, another barrel (acrylic, this time), a liner for the acidic oak one, water lilies (white, red, yellow), horsetail and cattail– all of which weighed significantly less than the one real wood barrel I had bought yesterday. Set up two water gardens, one in the front and one in the most light I have in the back. Weeded heroically. Lay down and slept, feeling like I had been in a brawl. Titus was lying on my chest when I woke up, and I felt I simply could not move him off, so I slept some more.

Hung up the hummingbird feeders. Now all’s to do is stand at the window and wait.

No comments: