Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Wolf'sbane

 

November 8, 2021

Purple wolf’s bane seeds arrived from Russia. Some say plant in spring; some say plant in winter, but all agree they should spend some time in the fridge. 

Though scheduled for tomorrow, the giant Mexicans arrived today to replace my pool motor. Early? Good fortune difficult to fit into one’s vision of the world. 

Got an appointment for the Covid test that Israel insists must be given just so many hours before stepping onto the plane. That was the one thing weighing most heavily on my mind, and having it–for the moment–settled was a relief. Now the NEXT thing has its chance to weigh most heavily. . . .

Revised The Christmas Count. It’s actually pretty damn good. My first big production, Break-a-leg Productions staged it at Theater Row in June, 1999. I was so proud, so clueless as how to use that start to move forward. 

Listened to the midi files for DFL. It is more coherent and better structured than one rehearsal led me to believe. It concentrates on the triangle of Michal, David, and Jonathan, though “concentrate” is an imperfect word to describe a presentation so diffuse. The music is derivative–  Sant-Saens orientalism peppered with dissonances– but the composer is still in college. I think an audience may come away satisfied. I don’t want to say it’s easy to sing, but the bass part, anyway, follows a few basic lines with minor variations. I am grateful. 


No comments: