Friday, November 19, 2021

Peter Quince

 


November 18, 2021

First two hours of the morning spent connecting new printer, to expunge from my memory the HP that was, all in all, the worst purchase of my life. The new printer failed at the first three methods of connection, finally yielded to the fourth. What happened to plug it in, connect the cables, go. The man at the Staples where I took the murderous printer said “Recycling?”

“Yes. Worst piece of shit I ever bought.”

“HP” he said without looking.

Incredibly, my Internet is out again. Jimmie the cable guy solemnly swore I’d never have to deal with that again in my life. At a time when I MUST have internet to complete the work to get out of the country. Unbelievable. God probably is trying to teach me a lesson, but He never learns His, so we’re at a draw. 

Of course the printer I just installed depends on Internet connection. 

Lord, if you kick a dog and then punish him for snarling, it is your sin and not his.

Without TV, watching Rupert Everett’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream on video. Peter Quince is my double. .


No comments: