Monday, November 29, 2021

 

November 26, 2021

At about this hour I would have been packing up the Prius for the journey to the airport in Charlotte. Extremely high winds here; if there too, the flight might have been cancelled anyway. I’m both in mourning and not. I’m glad to be sitting here with coffee rather than beginning a 20 hour travel ordeal. But. . . Jerusalem. . . .

Peaceful Thanksgiving. I made a roast, and out of it the most delicious gravy I’ve ever tasted. Watched TV until the wee hours without guilt, knowing that today– which would have been spent rushing anxiously from one place to another–could be full of achievement.

2:30: Given my need to be early, I’d be at the airport now, looking around for something to do until it was time to board. 

The items I ordered for the trip– slacks and a foldable cane– did not arrive. 


No comments: