Sunday, August 24, 2014


August 24, 2014

Far away in Cambridge Steve is now married.

I let a volunteer morning glory grow in my garden, though it kept getting bigger and entangling more and it never bloomed, so finally I pulled it up and threw its mass under a tree. Yesterday there was a shadow of blue under the tree. Uprooted for a week, the vine still bloomed, the beautiful azzura I’d hoped for when I first detected it.

Spent a chunk of yesterday sitting on my bench in the shade, reading, first Wiley’s second book for the discussion today, then a book out of my childhood, The White Panther, by which I was still mesmerized, though probably finding more fault than before with the author’s stylistic tics. All the pay-off for Wiley's new book is on the last page.

Painful spots on my legs, many a hot soaking and session with the Epsom salts.

The great white native hibiscus blooms ten feet above the back yard.

Finished the revision of The One with the Beautiful Necklaces.

No comments: