Tuesday, August 12, 2014

August 12, 2014

Dazzling moon. One pretends one is gazing at it for reasons other than taking out the garbage.

Planted the four English roses that came in the mail while I was gone. Rain came even as I finished.

Intestinal atmosphere still a little odd, bit otherwise I seem to have come out the other side of the fever.

Cats asleep on either side of my desk as though we hadn’t all risen up half an hour ago. Complicated dreams: I was either the friend of a son of the house, or a plant set by the police, on an immense country estate, the red-neck kind rather than the aristocratic kind. There were sheds and bits of trucks strewn about, and lots gunplay, but also an great mown hillside, and pond everywhere with ducks or frogs, as though those two creatures had divided the mountain between them. I was sat down for a list of rules and regulations by the patriarch, now that I was “going to be part of the family.”  It was mostly about loyalty, and I was divided in my mind about whether I should buy into it all or maintain a critical distance.

No comments: