Saturday, May 18, 2013


May 18, 2013

Maria came to my garden and harvested flowers for the meal she was making to celebrate her anniversary. The flowers were to be part of the food, edible and lovely at once, mostly the pink and white roses.


The exhaustion of the past days had been, of course, the infection rising up from my legs. I was active in the morning, but early afternoon I was sleeping nearly continuously, popping antibiotics in the intervals of waking. I’m still exhausted, but the angry red is gone from my legs. The upside of this is that there are few things more delicious than sleeping all day, especially when you know there’s no other choice.

Did have the energy to go to Reems Creek and obtain bullfrog tadpoles to live in my water gardens. Did have the energy to work on the awful play.

No comments: