Thursday, January 28, 2010

January 24, 2010

Wake unrested, ready, nevertheless, to arch my fingers over the keys.

Largest audience yet last night, and at points the best performance. Adam and Casey get freer, and the experiments dazzle. It is unnatural for me to sit and watch it every time. I would have started leaving after my curtain speech if I didn’t fear it would be read as some kind of judgment. Besides, bathed by the intimacy of the stage, I miss them before the next day is over, before I can drive downtown in the sleet and fight for parking and see them again.

Late-coming, well-dressed, distracted-by-each-other, kissy-faced, intermission-leaving lovers inhabited the stage right bleachers again. Must be a sort of tradition. It occurred to someone that Johanna’s standing there naked for half an hour might bring such things on.

Depressed by the continuing labors of Matt the Handyman. DJ must be wild.

This has been the longest month in the history of the world.

No comments: