Friday, January 1, 2010

2010

January 1, 2010

Morning yet too dark to tell the nature of it, though I think cloud and vapors.

J and I had coffee at a new place on Haywood Road, and then helped a women and a man hoist a couch up onto a second floor balcony and into second floor of the house that way, the stairs being impossible. Layers of anxiety fell off by just being back in touch. I had made up all the sorrowful parts of the story.

The second party last night was a costume party. When a certain group of my friends talk about a costume party, what they mean is a drag party, fathoms deep in the adjusting of false breasts, the re-application of lipsticks, and the hilarity associated with girdles and garters and cross-gender prostheses. DJ says that it is just people acting crazy and I’m not taking it in the right spirit. I accept that. I am a grump refusing to get into the spirit of the moment. Nevertheless, I fled, and spent the last moments of the year on my lawn, bathed in shivering moonlight.

The color of this year is green.

The second color of this year is silver.


My resolutions are mostly secret, but the public ones include the distancing of myself from the vices of patience, prudence, moderation.

No comments: