Wednesday, June 12, 2024

 June 12, 2024

Productive days in unexpected ways– an orgy of revision of older manuscripts. 

Movie night last night with R and DJ. Dune 2. It’s a long, red-brown film, but I never looked at the clock. 

When I returned from Ireland, some things in my house were different from how I’d left them. The most notable was that all my TV remotes lay organized in a straight line on the coffee table. I had not done this. It being unfathomable, I stopped thinking about it, until R mentioned that he’d brought A to the house (which he loves to visit) and read him poetry from my shelves. A poem by Richard Wilbur moved him in particular. I loved the idea of R and A wandering about my house when I was gone. 

Yeomanly bout of weeding. 

Don’t go out without slathering my face with sunblock. Lip still painful. 

No comments: