Monday, July 11, 2022

R

 

July 10, 2022

Sarah presented, at least in name, at the Cathedral.

R back for the summer. He sits behind me in choir. I hear his voice, clear, strident, determined, not loud but somehow piercing, and I observe that he is able to invade my worship experience by simply being who he is. Not his fault, a failure of concentration on my part. He straightened the back of my robe and I nearly screamed. Why is he instant distraction for me? He is a man without nuance. That can’t be the whole reason. 

M filling in for his parents in the AS kitchen fountained forth details of the O reign previously unknown to me. O wanted half the pews to be removed from the sanctuary on account of COVID. This, of course, could not be done. He wondered why the choir was wearing robes, and could we stop? There was probably more, but I didn’t want to appear too eager. He was told by–somebody–to remember he was an interim and no changes were likely to be made. 


No comments: