Wednesday, July 20, 2022

 

July 19, 2022

Email this morning: 

Larry Habegger <larry@travelerstales.com>

David, we just realized that you are not a young man of 18-25 years, so your story is not eligible for the category of Young Traveler. We’ll need to remove it from the list of winners. Sorry for our oversight. It’s an excellent story, in any case.

Young Traveler 

The best story from a young person (aged 18-25 at the time of writing) taking time off to travel between high school and college, or during breaks

Best wishes,

Larry

Morning spent with unexpected laundry and clean-up, Maud having turned the guest bedroom into her litter box. Did enable me to fetch the several dropcloths out of my truck, which have been sitting there since my last art show, which must have been 2019. Maud goes through phases, and maybe this is one, but at her age you wonder which eccentricity is the end. She realized what she had done and disappeared when I entered the room. Her own litterbox is newely cleaned. If she’s sending me a message, I don’t know what it is. 

Garden lovely but overrun with weeds. I’m using the heat as my excuse. 

Went on line to watch the Porky Pig cartoon where he hits his thumb with a hammer and, finally, says, “Son of a bitch.” Works every time. 

Reading in Gunn’s letters about his trip to Broadway– in 1956– when he saw essentially the same things– The Music Man, West Side Story, etc that are playing today. Why do playwrights even bother?

No comments: