Thursday, August 19, 2021

 

August 18, 2021

Parliament of turkeys meeting in my garden when I awoke. I lay down in the afternoon, and they clustered under my bedroom windows, uttering the softest, gentlest, most comforting array of coos and gurgles. One of nature’s loveliest and most unexpected sounds.

My ten foot tall Mexican sunflowers blew over in the storm. Will check to see if they can be propped or must be removed. Many roads closed by flooding last night, including the River District and most of Biltmore. 

Meeting for the group of us going to Israel with the bishop, most of the time taken up in wondering of Covid will allow the journey. Grape leaves were served, reminding me how much I like them. 

Binge watching alternately Teen Wolf and Chicago Med until 2 in the morning. My life cannot be explained. 

No comments: