Friday, August 13, 2021

 

August 12, 2021

Early at the Y, good weights set. Returning, encountered a large family of turkeys in the yard. They started at the driveway and worked their way around the entire area, picking at seeds and uttering their soft little moaning sounds. 

Opened an Instagram account for myself. Not yet sure how it works. 

Very sparse cathedral rehearsal last night (I like when it’s sparse; then I can sing at nearly full voice) followed by, for me, club soda at the bar. Much talk of church politics, which are far more bitter than I am able to observe on my own. I don’t always notice when people are being nasty, nor, if I do, always weave the bits of nastiness together into a recognizable malign character. Milly was evidently a harridan of the first magnitude, and continues to scandalize our name. People fear we will not be able to get a decent Dean because we are known far and wide “to be a mess.” The whole Episcopal web apparently thrills at the touch of our depravity. Two malicious women and the lies they told, and got others to tell of their behalf, appear to be the root of it. You wouldn’t credit that so few could do so much harm, except that you recall two vicious girls started the Salem Witch hysteria. I’ve known men who were brutal apes, but a woman must lead you into the deep Tartarus of covert malice. Most men have, somewhere, a sense of honor. Some women do not. Talk then of Governor Cuomo. 

No comments: