Saturday, August 14, 2021

 

August 13, 2021


Still on my Monteverdi kick. 

Anxiety about vaccination credentials led me to the County Health Department, where my suspicion that the first emailed certificate from them would not suffice for things like international travel was confirmed, and where they issued me the Official Form complete with scan-able data and signatures and dates and times. Incredible how that had been weighing on my mind, and how relieved I was to have it resolved. I said to one of the workers in the building, “Can I get a booster maybe?” and she flustered about like a wet hen, “Do we have those? I don’t think we have those! If we have those nobody told me. . .” I finally told her I was joking. One doesn’t appreciate how much even official bureaucracy is playing the pandemic by ear.

Ended the evening with out now bi-weekly zoom chat. For the last ten minutes or so I watched everybody in the zoom screens looking down at their phones and doing something else, so I quietly signed off. 

No comments: