Sunday, May 16, 2021

Theater

 

May 15, 2021

So, Jill, the Chief of Calamities, she whose arrogance and incompetence helped kick UNCA firmly and, probably, irrevocably, into the morass of hypocrisy and mediocrity, is leaving. I wish it were for a Gulag, but it is to another job, where she may do either less or greater evil. I’ve noted before my perplexity that bad performance as an administrator seldom has any visible consequence. They escape from the flames they themselves have lit into some new haven. Those who look for justice in that world are bound for disappointment.

Back to the theater, at the Magnetic tonight, where people sat widely scattered and masked but, nevertheless, in the theater space. The play was well-designed, well-directed, superbly acted, skillfully written, and absolutely inert. I left at intermission. When I got into my driveway the crescent moon hung over my old house

No comments: