Thursday, May 6, 2021

 May 5, 2021

Woke to discover a crapfest of a day had been topped off, at night, by the Prius being robbed, or at least rifled. Don’t think there was anything to steal. What there was– credit cards and binoculars– they left. They pulled open secret compartments I didn’t know I had. My writing journal lay open on the seat. Wonder if they took a look.  Sense of violation, but no real loss. But when L and I went to Avenue M for dinner, I locked my house for the first time in 14 months. Had to look for the keys.

 L’s visit turned out to be pleasurable, sweet, all the dark of it in my preconceptions. Certainly caught up on a lot of Ellet gossip. Hardly at all did we touch on the topics I thought would bring conflict. We’ve known each other since the 6th grade. 


No comments: