Thursday, May 6, 2021

 

May 3, 2021

Heavy rain, gray, warm, organic. Javier and Justin bang around downstairs changing out the lights so that I might enter my dotage without worrying about changing bulbs in the ceiling all the time. I expect it to be an all-day ordeal, so if it’s less than that I’ll be pleased.

Mentioned briefly to T B that I’d been in a dance concert. His response: The thought of you dancing is pretty damn amusing, but I know you'd approach it sincerely and in good faith and that I'd like to see. I'd have to mock you a tad though. We came back into contact so he could tell me that he had gotten into none of the graduate schools to which he applied. I wonder if he ever makes the connection between his attitude and his almost invariable failure. 

Fed Sweetboi, but when I was done, there was Denise perched right over the truck. Threw her meat. Sweetboi screamed encouragement until she finally dived and picked up the offering. The workmen were in the next room, and I almost invited them to watch the interchange but, finally, didn’t. 


No comments: