Sunday, May 23, 2021

 

May 22, 2021

Woke with sudden, urgent brief illness. As I was taking care of things, the wind chime gonged furiously, though as far as I could tell there was no breeze. Still partially asleep, I imagined a bear was carrying it away. The green chair in the bathroom had moved, and I was certain I had not moved it. Went back to bed and slept quite late.

Fine, relaxing days. The water gardens turned septic. One could be restored, the other had to be drained. Especially early in the mornings, my garden is a casket of perfumes, heavy, piercing, voluptuous, peony and rose. If I woke the morning after death in a little light filled house at the edge of turned over fields of black dirt, and an angel stood there with a spade and a hoe in his hands for me, I would be assured I had ended up in paradise. 


No comments: