Wednesday, May 19, 2021

 

May 17, 2021

Uncertain morning. “Partly cloudy,” the radio says. Will I garden or not? Uncovered my western elephant ears from honeysuckle that covered it in a mere week of rain. 

About a week ago the pump motor began throwing the breaker switch. I started it up, waited for it to flip again. I dried out the electrical box, took my hands and mucked out the considerable muck that had gathered down in there deep. I’d flip the switch a couple times a day, just to get a little air into the pond, but the breaker would flip within half an hour. When I went to bed last night the motor was dead and the pond still. When I looked out this morning, the pump was pumping water over my little waterfall, the pond merrily rippling. Has there ever been a case of a motor flipping its breaker switch back, and turning itself on? 


No comments: