Monday, November 5, 2018


November 5, 2018

Gunpowder Plot Day. Doesn’t seem such a bad idea.

The Brahms Requiem went well last evening–well from my seat, and well from all I could hear around me. Kyle seemed content (and spent) at the reception afterwards.

Helped my 8 AM class through “The Waste Land.”

The thing I was sure I could not accomplish–setting up my show at Mars Hill–is accomplished, though I was right in one way: I could not have done it myself. Leland and Jack stepped in and did 95% of the work. My gratitude went feebly expressed because it is inexpressible. The show looks good in that austere room. I didn’t bring enough work, so stuff robbed from my own walls gets run up tomorrow afternoon. I believe this show is more important than I have allowed myself to say. How many artists get shows in the Weizenblatt? I hope somebody goes to see it.

No comments: