Thursday, January 25, 2018

January 24, 2018

Made it through my long day (in this case, 10 to 8:30) not quite unscathed. Rick said, “You’re really not looking your old self.” Had to ask a student for a ride to my car– having had to park a long distance away, and finding that parking place by getting out and removing the orange cone that was– for no particular reason I could see--blocking it. Removed the next one too for the student who pulled up behind me. The normally humane campus is derelict when it comes to parking, blocking off scores of faculty parking according, evidently, to whim. Meanwhile, easily 100 “visitor” parking places stand empty. A good fairy should come and deprive them of their orange cones. 

The audio was off in my classroom and I had to tell them all the Irish stories I had planned elaborate videos for. Maybe it was better; maybe it was worse. How to tell from their faces?

No comments: