Thursday, January 11, 2018


January 10, 2018

Something in the prospect of my NOT having a show made yesterday one of the powerhouse painting days of my history. Several old works brought to burnish. Kenn called and put the final end to it. The room won’t be dried out enough to start rebuilding until after the show was meant to open. What do I think of this? I think I could talk myself into feeling worse than I actually do. Steve says, “It will give you time to prepare for a better show,” and it will.

Note from a functionary at school that she wants to talk with me about “creating a potentially hostile or unsafe environment based on issues that are perceived to be sexual.” Since I have exactly no idea what that’s about, the meeting should be enlightening. Whatever it is, the vacancy of my recollection signals that it was someone’s hurt feelings (or malice) rather than anything intended by me. 

No comments: