Wednesday, July 8, 2015


July 8, 2015

Lovely apres-cinema on the back lawn with DJ and Russell. Conversation. Holy bug-infested darkness.

Facebook raises certain dilemmas that ordinary life does not. L, whom I have known since the sixth grade in Akron, is a racist redneck ignoramus whose prejudicial hatred of President Obama rises to the level of treason. Many times I have thought to blast her and then de-friend her, but was stopped by the question, “Is it worth it?” In some ways it is, if to tolerate is to approve. So far I have been able simply to ignore it, though other friends who have seen her postings on my Timeline have attacked her rightfully. Maybe I should let them do it. Maybe I should trust that her opinions are so outrageous as to be no danger to the reasonable. She is as she ever was, trusting “I’m just as smart as you are” to carry her absurdities to the end of the argument. She used to be quite beautiful.

John Robinson has died.

No comments: