Friday, July 17, 2015


July 17, 2015

It is Will’s belief that my eggplants were snatched by a groundhog seen marauding in the neighborhood. That is far better than the human thief I’d assumed, though the groundhog was an immaculate eater, then, leaving not a peel behind, and it does not explain the peaches, unless the hog can climb trees.
   
Driving: 1) I was making a left turn off Merrimon, and watched a delivery truck speed up to engage me. I thought about slowing down just to call its bluff, but had we collided I would have been in the “wrong.” 2) Traffic slowed on Merrimon by the lake down to about 15 MPH. Wondered what it was, until I saw up ahead a Sheriff’s car turn off, having slowed the traffic down 20 miles an hour behind itself because it could.  I think with all the bad press they’ve been getting of late, the cops wouldn’t do anything to attract attention.
   
93 degrees in the study, finally turned on the upstairs air conditioner. It doesn’t work. Thanks, Stewart.
   

No comments: