Wednesday, July 22, 2015


July 22, 2015

After dawn I sat at the High Five Café under the white crape myrtle, writing. That was beautiful. But the day from noon on was monstrous, ruined, annihilated. Brian the Boy from Freedom Mortgage cancelled the closing tomorrow because I had bought the grill, and things had to be re-measured to see if that $500 had left all previous calculations vain. I wouldn’t have bought it. . . I wouldn’t have taken the 10% discount that gave me for opening a Lowe’s credit card had I known. . . I would have done anything or refrained from doing anything not to postpone the extension of this wasteful, hateful experience. I need those petty horrible people out of my life. Instead of the writing I planned I phoned Lowe’s to try to get the account #, was told I had to go to an actual store with picture ID to get it; was told at the store that they couldn’t give it to me. I launched a blue rage, frightened them into actually seeing if they could give it to me; they said there was no record, but it turns out they kept entering the card’s expiration date as my birthday, on and on. Finally got the information. Refused to talk to Brian, demanded his boss. I said that we would close tomorrow as planned or we would not do so ever. Boss man admitted it was “petty” and said he would get back to me. Waiting for that. This is EXACTLY the sort of thing in all the world I handle worst– like the TSA inspections, infinite labor to no rational end. Rules without reason. Leaning against the table now, listening to Beethoven’s “Moonlight” sonata, which is not really the thing I should be listening to. I really don’t ask that much. . . .

Morning now. JP Krieger on Pandora.

No comments: