Friday, June 29, 2012



June 28, 2012

Calm morning before what they promise will be a torrid day. Wondrous silent last night, not a sound as far as I could hear. Even the cats padding around seemed sinister. Was afflicted with nightmares, wherein I was paying horribly for some trespass of my father’s. Happily, the details have faded. They were those dreams where you wake and it takes a few minutes to reason out that is not really the life you live. I wonder if our waking after this life will seem the same?

DJ and I dining at Avenue M–merry meeting with Jeff and Jacob. Fixed on the Olympic preliminaries on TV.

Helped dole out Grassroots money to local arts organizations. Was impressed by how much work organizations are willing to do for relatively little money. Was negatively impressed by how hasty and abrupt my judgments were as compared to the balanced, thoughtful, many-factors-considering deliberations of the others. My swift punches avail about 60% of the time, but when they don’t, they don’t.

No comments: