Saturday, June 23, 2012



June 22, 2012

Window-rattling, cat-disconcerting thunderstorms rolled though yesterday and this afternoon. Now the afternoon heat seeps back, enhanced by the fresh humidity. For a moment my patio was a lake.

My cichlid, who was merrily diving for food yesterday, lay dead at the top of the tank today, fins and tail nibbled by his neighbors.

Zach cupped me, as they did in elder days. It did feel good–made me feel tingly. He thought it brought the swelling down in my legs. I didn’t see that, so much, but am willing to trust his perceptions rather than my own.

Invented bacon/zucchini salad, whereby one of the green monsters has found proper use.

Day ends with Lawrence and me going to Montford for an excellent reading of Much Ado about Nothing. Well directed, well played-- though I would have paid attention to the usual cuts, which, having been tested, prove judicious. LH provided avocado and cracker hors d’oeuvres. The moon was the thinnest crescent.

No comments: