Friday, June 22, 2012



June 21, 2012

The Falls of the Wyona received honorable mention from Leapfrog Press as a “Children’s” (probably Young Adult) novel. They did notify me earlier, but I didn’t read the email, assuming it was a total kiss-off. FW as a young adult book is problematic– and I wonder of I classified it that way, or they did– except for the fact that the characters are teenagers. Sent in the next 50 pages to the James Jones people, revising all the way.

Looked at another property in Weaverville. Loved the shed, loved the holly tree, hated the house. The dog smell was too heavy to imagine it without it. Karen was too sad over her mother’s cancer to be fully present, and that was all right. Should I have been sorry or glad to have distracted her for a moment?

Went to a lawyer to get a will made out. He was the first to answer a spate of queries I sent out while drunk the other night. I didn’t like him, but I assumed that, for this, nobody would tell me much different, so I plowed ahead. He talked a blue streak, and I was prepared to be pissed off about that, but he didn’t charge me for the time he talked, so all was well.

Harvested three gigantic zucchini from my garden. I swear they weren’t there when I looked a week ago.

Sending money to Thailand when my sister goes over to visit Jonathan. I’m told the money will buy coffee trees for farmers there. The only thing better would be if it bought somebody a water buffalo.

No comments: