Friday, June 15, 2012



June 14, 2012

Have been working so hard on Night, Sleep that I’ve not written here, or anywhere else, nor had much experience to write about. Submerged, joyfully. The probably futility of the work doesn’t seem to matter when you’re in the midst of it. When it began, I thought I was going to do a brush up, but the Angel of Revision dug deep and changed the entire landscape. Chopped about thirty pages, but added many incidents, so the fat must have been considerable.

On the brink of putting a bid on property in Weaverville. There are two small houses, one which would be perfect for DJ. The land, though far from ideal, is interesting. There is a thriving frog pond, a gigantic tilted field, and a woods about the size of the one I prowled in as a kid. Contacted the mortgage lady, and she said I could get a loan at just over 4%, but if I waited until Europe collapses, it could be lower. If I have control over that, I’ll say “abide, Europe” and accept a higher rate.

No comments: