August 18, 2026
Drove to the River Arts District, and made myself enter the building that used to be the Magnetic Theater. It looks great, actually, a far less gloomy use of the space. Even the girls who were working the desks didn’t know what had been there before. Continued to see L in his cubbyhole by the Pennycup. We talked about old times in the Phil Mechanic, and I learned what happened after I left, including the fact that my studio, with thousands of dollars worth of furnishings and supplies, had been “picked to the bone” by students and area artists. This is exactly the outcome I had prayed for but was too ill to effect. Two of L’s children have switched gender. The eldest, who hated dresses and girly things, is now happy as a boy, and the youngest has determined, apparently with some success, to avoid all gender limitations. I don’t believe these options were open to us in our youth.
No comments:
Post a Comment