August 16, 2026
Baroque dreams continue. One I remember from last night was very Wiccan– Dr Who (Tom Baker) had come to town do some sort of exorcism. He walked down the village street with two ghostly trees moving along with him, flanking him on either side. Figures, some of them quite grotesque, came out of doors and side streets to be reconciled with him, sometimes by an embrace, sometimes with an incantation. At first I seemed to be an onlooker, then I was part of his party, helping to gather the figures in. I found his sister hiding in the shadows, avoiding him. I kept saying, “utter the iron spell!” This seemed vital. I think she was about to when I awoke.
Waking, I thought “If I died, how long would I lie here before anyone found me?” Until the stink got to the street, it might be forever. The cleaning ladies would find the door locked and walk away.
No comments:
Post a Comment