August 9, 2026
A Facebook message. So many hoaxes I can’t believe I’m responding to this one, but I am:
Hello! I hope that you see this message! I did try to find more formal ways to contact you, but came up short.
Earlier this year I read The Falls of the Wyona, and I just wanted to say that it was masterful writing. I know you don’t need someone like me to tell you that, but I just needed to say it.
I have never in my life, loved and hated something so much so simultaneously. I felt love for every character, and yet I was so angry and sad for them. In all my years as a reader, I have never finished a book and immediately had to walk out of the coffee shop so I could cry in my car. I picked this book up on a whim in a local bookstore, and I am so glad I did. I can confidently say that it is my favorite book of the year, and in my 5 or favorite books of all time.
I wanted to write to you for another reason, as well. In the last month I decided to try my hand (or voice, rather) at audiobook narration. I auditioned for a few, and I am not working on my first project!
This for me wondering if Wyona had an audiobook, and I see that it does not. I was wondering if you would ever entertain an audiobook being made, as I would love to be able to audition for such a role! I have recommended this book to so many people, and purchased at least 4 copies myself to give to friends.
If the opportunity presented itself, I would love nothing more than to bring it to life in the form of an audiobook. If this is something you are interested in, shoot me a message! If not, I hope I was able to at least bring a smile to your face knowing that a group of people here in Ohio are loving your book!
Drove to HART in Waynesville to attend the ceremony wherein Steve was awarded the NCTC prize for Outstanding Career, which no one on this planet deserves more than he. As a surprise to almost everyone, Joe Sam Queen arose to represent the Governor in giving Steve the Order of the Long Leaf Pine, the highest honor given in North Carolina. Tears came to my eyes. It was right and well.
Bonnie Hobbs is dead.
No comments:
Post a Comment