Thursday, April 11, 2024

 

April 10, 2024

TG sends his new book on poetry. I remark that our varying perspectives would have made an excellent team-taught course. He responds:  That would have been fun to teach together. It's probably not a surprise there's some connection between us--you were pretty much my first teacher. I listened hard to you, and then after we moved and started writing letters, I studied those letters and poems you sent almost like scripture, learning my own language, I guess, by inventing a way of responding to yours, trying to keep up. 

I learn from his book, among other things, how little in comparison I responded to my contemporaries, how much to my ancestors. 

Drive J and L to that chaos of an airport. It was a mistake to privatize the airlines. 

No comments: