Saturday, January 7, 2023

 

January 5, 2023

Listening to an article about Sam Philips on his hundredth birthday. I too made a record in a record shop, though no one discovered me at the time. My dad took me to a music store in downtown Akron and had me make a record from my grandmother. I wonder what she thought of it. I don’t remember singing, but I said a little greeting to her. I was 3 or 4. 

Tried to pick up a prescription and was told my insurance had been “terminated.” An afternoon’s worth of phone calls trying to figure that out. The people who eventually helped me were kind and patient, which was a surprise. The misadventure was, it proved, entirely my fault. 

Alexa’s ring was lit, so I asked, “Alexa, is there a notification?” She said Amazon wanted to know, based on my past interests, if I wanted to follow the author David B Hopes. I said I did. 


No comments: