Sunday, January 15, 2023

Feuds

 

January 15, 2023

Letting go of the truck has prevented my making large purchases, such as a tempting chair I see this minute on line. 

P, when she bought the painting, reminded me of the feud I’m supposed to be having with A. Several public feuds involve me through the years, but which I insist were always completely one sided. I didn’t know the feud with K existed until people began asking me, “What happened between you and K?” To this day I don’t exactly know, and I am not the sort of person to stir things up by inquiring too deeply. I think I’m feuding with D just now, and I guess the cause, but really don’t care. The feud with A is better documented, but again, all one-sided. He has kept taking potshots through the years, scandalizing my name at intervals, whereas I don’t remember saying a single thing about him in public (or in private, now that I think of it) after the initial skirmish thirty years ago, which I won. He even kept a public blog dedicated to mocking me. It was in some ways quite impressive. I suppose my lack of attention to my feuds make them all the more infuriating to the other side.

Heard myself wobbling on sustained notes. Winter muck or a sign of age? I’ve sung one place or another since high school.

Caught myself wondered what led ancient people to distinguish between vowels and consonants.

No comments: