Sunday, September 11, 2022

 

September 9, 2022

Rain began in the darkness and continued all night, as it does now, wind from a direction that allows me to type on the balcony with the full roar and gray fury of the sea before me. One surfer enters my field of vision, his red shirt the only note not in the pearls and grays. The sea is not much rougher than before, but the inclemencies above it make it seem more threatening. 

Saw dolphins at the edge of the pier.

Began feeding gulls and grackles from the balcony. I’m sure that’s a transgression. 

Amy gave me The Buried Giant by Ishiguro to read. I’m pretty sure I’ll never finish it. The man has a Nobel Prize and the one virtue I can find in this book is a remarkable fidelity to an atmosphere of decrepitude and Medieval squalor. 


No comments: