Friday, September 9, 2022

Folly Beach Continued

 September 7, 2022

J and M and we festive on the balcony until all hours. He kept pouring shots and we kept drinking them. We discussed the relative merits of scholarship and immediate response. Odd to be having that discussion with adults. Went to bed too drunk, slept poorly. Swam in the sea again this morning, and when I was done I soaked in the pool, an experience so relaxing I almost fell asleep in the water. A sandpiper patrols the space before the condo. Sanderlings dash into the wavelets. Both are more substantial birds than I remember them.  Dinner at 101 Pier, and then I broke off from the group and did a minor pub crawl downtown. Returned to Planet Follywood. The copy of Necklaces I left there last year is gone, so maybe it found a home. Drank with the owner, who is also a city councilman, and a guy who is head janitor at a local college and showed me photos of a chunk of clogged pipe.  He began an anecdote of an all-black high school in Charleston, but it never got where it was going. A guy celebrating retirement from the Army bought a round of drinks. Hawk devouring a lizard near the pier. 


No comments: