Tuesday, September 20, 2022

COVID

 

September 15, 2022

Feel great this AM, but pretty sure that I had Covid, and had it longer than I was aware. Did I have it at the beach? Did that explain the listlessness? Understanding now that the weird cough and the (even for me) inexplicable exhaustion were symptoms, I certainly had it Tuesday night at Symphony Chorus, which meant that I, in my ignorance, was blowing Covid in everybody’s face. Because the weather was perfect, I forced myself to do some garden work, and was down in the lower thicket pulling vines. When I finished, the prospect of climbing that little hill back to the house was daunting. I thought I would never make it back to the house. Once I did, I had to sit on the stoop a while to recover before I went in. Maud was right to require me only to cuddle with her the rest of the afternoon. 

Morning was energetic, but now, late afternoon, fever and exhaustion re-assert themselves. This disease will take some learning. Meeting with S, in which strategies for Stewardship were discussed. I was working too hard. She told me explicitly to pause while she catches up. 


No comments: