Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Turtlehead

 

August 29, 2021

1610 Vespers. The golden waves of sound. 

Thought I rose early enough to beat the crowds, but the parking lots for all the trail heads were packed full before 9 AM. Sunday, though, which may have been a factor. Drove on, parked at the first overlook pullover and headed north on the MST. The stretch of forest was magical with bird calls, most of them recognizable, but one far off which I thought to be a grouse. Tiny pink and yellow flowers in deep shade, asters and turtlehead. 

Finished this revision of Jason of the Apes late yesterday afternoon.. 

Maud hisses when I touch her. Don’t know why. If the end of that nears . . . I am never equipped for it. 

Found the 1940 census. My grandfather made $1900 working at Goodyear that year.

No comments: