Saturday, September 25, 2021

Autumn

 

September 25, 2021

Finished the revision of the Covid play. It’s name will change to The Dress. Drove to Black Mountain, but there wasn’t a single parking space in the whole town. Drove to the Flood Gallery to pick up my Larson monoprint, but the gallery was closed, in the middle of its Saturday opening hours. Pulled up black walnut seedlings, carried the smell with me the afternoon. The ironweed seeds arrived. Turned the furnace on. The season of cold is upon me. For five months I will wake freezing and frightened in the middle of the night, wait for the comforting sound of the furnace clicking on. I’ll have to drink hot tea or Bushmill’s to make it to bed time without shuddering.  Need of aspirin pulls me away from the keyboard downstairs. Brilliant day. Fatboi the groundhog is too enormous to fit under the shed. 

No comments: